Information and resources that support your role in caring for a loved one.
Need to speak to someone by phone about a caregiving issue? There are options to contact someone directly for help.
Golden Pond Assisted Living is hosting an “Increase Your Medicare IQ” educational seminar next month.
The event, presented by TheMedicareAdvisors.com, will take place from 6-7 p.m. on Tuesday, September 15 at Golden Pond (50 West Street, Hopkinton, MA). Refreshments will be served at 5:30 p.m.
Leading the discussion will be Russ Swallow, a certified senior advisor and licensed insurance advisor. The seminar will cover topics for people signing up for Medicare for themselves or a loved one for the first time such as:
– What does Part A cover?
– What isn’t covered?
– What are the deductibles? Co-pays?
– What about Parts B, C and D?
– What is Medigap?
Also up for discussion are topics for those on Medicare now, such as:
– Have your prescriptions changed?
– When did you last review your options?
– Has your physician network changed?
The seminar will also cover some plan specifics, such as which plan has:
– No co-pays
– No deductibles
– No gatekeepers
– Every doctor in the country that accepts Medicare
– Every hospital in the country that accepts Medicare
There will also be discussion on the issues if you don’t sign up for Parts B or D when you first become eligible, such as:
– Why is there a penalty to sign up later?
– How do you avoid the penalty?
– What forms are needed to sign up now?
To RSVP for the seminar, contact Jen Belesi at 508-435-1250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.