Information and resources that support your role in caring for a loved one.
Need to speak to someone by phone about a caregiving issue? There are options to contact someone directly for help.
The Heritage at Framingham Senior Living Community is offering several informational events covering issues that should be of interest to area caregivers.
First up is “Easy Transitions: How to Downsize, Prepare and Sell a House,” which will take place on Saturday, Nov. 8 at 2:30 p.m. This event is presented by David Dowd, president of sellmomshouse.com, and will cover topics such as:
– Reasons for downsizing and common misconceptions
– Strategies for homes in any condition, even those in need of repair
– Downsizing tips and how to map from old location to new
– Orderly process to sell your possessions, donate or give to family and charity
– What to fix and what not to fix to prepare your home
– Ways to sell with and without paying a realty commission
– Area market trends and considerations when pricing your home
Anyone interested in attending should RSVP by calling 508-788-6050 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Thursday, Nov. 20, Heritage at Framingham will present another informational event entitled, “Observation Status: Are You an Inpatient or an Outpatient?”
This event will take place from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and light refreshments will be provided. It is free to attend, but attendees must RSVP at least one week prior to the event by calling 508-665-5300 or emailing email@example.com.
Lindsay Brennan, LSW, CMC, the executive director of Life Care Directions of New England, LLC, will be the guest speaker and cover the difference between being admitted as an inpatient versus being under “observation status” as an outpatient, which can be a costly and difficult to understand problem for seniors. Learn the differences and how to advocate for yourself or a loved one.
Both events will be held at Heritage at Framingham, which is located at 747 Water Street, Framingham, MA.