Neighbor Brigade is a non-profit organization that establishes and mobilizes community-based networks of volunteers to provide immediate and free assistance to neighbors experiencing sudden crises such as cancer treatment, illness, accident or other tragedy.
What caregivers need to know about Neighbor Brigade:
Neighbor Brigade volunteers provide critical support services such as home-delivered meals, transportation to and from medical appointments and home maintenance help.
The organization is comprised of town-specific chapters, each managed by screened and trained volunteer Chapter Leaders who recruit and coordinate volunteers within their town. Chapter Leaders utilize online management tools to alert their volunteer base of recipients’ needs and schedule their volunteers to meet these needs. There are no eligibility requirements for recipients and all help is delivered quickly, with care, and completely free of charge. Recipients may be self-referred or referred by others, either via phone or an online referral through Neighbor Brigade’s website.
The organization was started in Wayland in 2003 and now features 40 chapters covering 42 towns in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
The following MetroWest communities have a Neighbor Brigade:
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we strongly encourage you to contact the resources below to inquire about their operating restrictions during this crisis.
- Ashland – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/AshlandMA
- Franklin – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/FranklinMA
- Medway – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/MedwayMA
- Mendon – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/MendonMA
- Natick – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/NatickMA
- Needham – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/NeedhamMA
- Northborough – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/NorthboroughMA
- Southborough – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/SouthboroughMA
- Sudbury: www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/SudburyMA
- Wayland – www.neighborbrigade.org/chapters/WaylandMA
Other Neighborhood / Community Programs:
Medfield Helping Hands: a volunteer network that supports Medfield families in temporary crisis.
To join:click the website link below, and then click on “Join a Community.” Under Community Name enter Medfield Helping Hands.