How to beat the heat
What is a cooling center?
A cooling center is an air-conditioned public space set up by local authorities to temporarily deal with the health effects of a heat wave.
How can I find one in MetroWest Massachusetts?
- Call 2-1-1 or 877-211-6277
- You can also contact your city or town hall or your local senior center to inquire.
What are some other suggestions to beat the heat in an unexpected heatwave?
- Head to a close by restaurant and grab lunch/dinner and lots of water. If you are an older adult, let the restaurant staff know that you are escaping the heat wave, so that they do not rush you.
- You can also go to a nearby grocery store that also has a café with a seated area. This way you can escape the heat for an hour or so and then grab needed groceries and water!
- You can also head to a mall and get some exercise in the AC by walking around orjust find a bench and relax for a bit!